Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Benefits of Yoga!

Hi all! It has been a little while since my last post...I've been a busy bee! My first children's book is almost done - Snow Takes the Checker - part of the "Snow the Racehorse" Series. I'll be attending a conference in Austin with other writers next week - stay tuned for blog-worthy tips & "Snow sightings!"

As race season wound down, I also started working with some new clients (and old ones too!) I'm embarking on a personal journey as well, turning a hobby and love into work. Starting in December, I'll begin my RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) training at Urban Bliss through Charlotte Yoga. After an 8-week intensive training regime and an exam, I'll be certified and coming to a town or podcast near you!

What will I focus on? Yoga for mind, body, spirit - for all ages. I've discovered the amazing health & mental benefits of yoga in the last year, and I've also discovered that it has the power to "bridge the gap" economically, socially and demographically. Yoga is truly universal - for the young, the old, the rich, the poor, the individual from any background. My practice will seek out making lives better, and smiles on faces.

Children don't need chemicals in their body for lack of attention (ADHD) - they need attention and love, not to mention a solution (and drugs are not necessarily a solution). And EVERYONE, of any socioeconomic background, needs positivity these days. So look for me to be taking yoga everywhere - whether that be to schools where kids have never even heard of the safety of a yoga mat (or their own home); or hospitals; or moms in a neighborhood; or race teams who think yoga's "a little spacey!" :)

Again, yoga is universal. In an age where we fight stress, the clock, personal demons, and sometimes ourselves - it's the oasis that brings you back to Chi. Go make a difference in someone else's life today! BE YOUR OWN ROCK STAR!

One application of yoga, in hospitals and for kids with ADHD:
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=8967845

More about yoga, if you're "into" exploring something new:
www.YogaJournal.com

To pre-order my first book on Amazon (and follow Snow on Twitter/Facebook):
SnowTheRacehorse.com

No comments:

Post a Comment